The Sunday Scoop from The Teaching Trio is the perfect way to get back in the groove of blogging!
I have to...
1. Last summer was the first summer I hadn't worked since I started teaching - either summer school, retail, etc. And it was BORING!
You know, when you don't have kids to occupy your time, it gets old real quick! So I was super excited when the summer school AP asked me to teach 7th grade math summer school in July! I taught 7th grade math for 3 years, but I haven't taught it with these new standards, so it will be exciting and a learning opportunity!
2. Financial Literacy is not my strong suit - just ask my dad! Haha! But, seriously, I have some fun ideas for my students to do this year, so I need to get them organized and the activities made before summer school starts. This year, we are starting off with Financial Literacy, so I need to get on the ball.
3. A "cold" front moved in and dropped the humidity (but not the temperature). So tonight will consist of mowing the yard - hopefully, without sweating like a pig!
I hope to...
1. Okay, so, I have a 3-bedroom house. To myself. So, basically, two rooms don't get used. One is a guest room (even though I never have guests!) and the other was a "workout" room. I put "workout" in quotations, because I never did workout in it. I had a treadmill and Bowflex machine in there. Covered in dust. For almost three years. Meanwhile, all my computer and school stuff was strewn around my living room and kitchen. My second project after school ended was to make it an actual usable space! I think it's turning out good so far!
Just a few more touches and some organizing and it'll be completely done!
2. Luckily, I have a pool in my backyard. Which is perfect for this Texas heat! The random rain storms are helping to keep the pool water from feeling like bath water. I hope to relax, while getting a tan, as much as possible before school starts again!
|The pool during a random rain storm.|
I'm happy to...
Monday and Tuesday, Region 10 (our regional educational service center) is hosting a Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment conference. I'm super excited to attend and learn all sorts of activities and strategies to help increase my students' success! It's an hour away, and getting up before 10:00 will be difficult :), but it is going to be worth it!
I hope everyone has a great week!!!