Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Looking Forward to Getting to Know You!

Hello everyone!  This is my first official blog post, and I can't wait to enter into this world of educational blogging!  

I'm starting my ninth year of teaching math, and my sixth year of teaching 5th grade math.  I teach in Forney, TX, which is the town where I was lucky enough to grow up.  Teaching is such a fun and rewarding lifestyle, and I feel so blessed to be able to work with my students everyday.  

While I have my Masters degree from Lamar University, I am a pure Texas Aggie - Class of 2004, Whoop!
Only one day left until work starts.  I hope everyone has enjoyed their summer!


1 comment:

  1. You are off to a great start! I have been following your sister's blog. I was connected to it through the blog, "What the Teacher Wants." Natalie, the 5th grade teacher, has been in my district history class. We went to Boston on a history trip together.
    Anyway, good luck with your school year!!! I taught 5th grade for 33 years! I retired last year, 5 years than I had planned. I had Charcot Foot...at least a dozen broken bones in foot.
    5th grade is the BEST!!! I have a blog. I started it as a class blog in 2008. More to document what we did, rather than helping teachers. It is now a personal blog...which is way better than writing in a journal!
    http://missmitchellsfabulousfifthgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete