Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dividing Decimals Walks the Plank! Arrrrrr Me Matey.....

My students have made me soooooo proud with how well they have done this week!  They have tackled dividing decimals, giving 100% effort, and it shows.  Today, we practiced by playing this fantastic free board game by For the Love of Teaching Math.

My students loved it!  The cards that came with this awesome freebie actually had decimals divisors, and we only have to teach dividing decimal numbers by one- and two-digit divisors.  So I just made my own set of cards to match our standards.  This game was perfect for keeping the students engaged!  They were all working out each card drawn (to make sure the person whose turn it was actually got the correct answer) and having a blast!



 Students had pages full of division problems worked out, and I never heard one single complaint....I'd say that is a win!

The board game came with cute pirate game pieces.  I just laminated them, cut them out, and taped them to some game pieces that I had ordered from Amazon here.  100 game pieces for only $3.95....yes, please!


Today was such a fun day!  It's so exciting because they were so comfortable in their own ability to divide decimals that they were able to have a blast playing this game! Nothing is better for a teacher than to see her students successful...am I right? :)

Have a great end of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment