Friday, October 31, 2014

Five for Friday and Freebie Friday...TGIF!

This week has been a busy, busy week. Red Ribbon Week has added some extra excitement to this week....just in case Halloween wasn't enough excitement!

I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching for their Five for Friday, so here we go!




1. Red Ribbon Week

This week was Red Ribbon Week.  We've had crazy sock day, wear a red shirt day, team jersey day, mustache day, and Halloween day.  Here's a picture of my awesome team supporting the mustache day.....




Needless to say, the fake mustaches didn't last that long!  It was way too hard to talk with them on.


2. My Mom's Birthday

Yesterday was my mother's birthday.  She is the best mom anyone could ever ask for!  And she is an amazing resource for my sister and I.  She was a teacher, administrator, and mentor for our school district for over 30 years.  In fact, she stills works for the district, even though she's "supposed to be" retired!




3. Dividing Decimals

We have spent this week dividing decimals in the classroom.  My students have done amazing and were actually looking forward to their skills test over it today.......I know, sounds impossible! :)   This game was fun and a freebie from For the Love of Teaching Math.  Saying that my students loved playing this game is a HUGE understatement!



You definitely need to snag this board game.  Plus, make some new cards and keep reusing the board and game pieces.....I know that I plan to.  Actually, my students asked me to! 


4. Multiplication Facts Game FREEBIE!

We are still working on memorizing our multiplication facts.  While 90% of my 5th graders have them down pat, there are still those students who continue to struggle.  I made this game for them to practice; just another tool in the toolbox for multiplication facts!



I'm linking this up with Teaching Blog Addict's Freebie Friday.  Clink on the picture below to be linked to a whole world of freebies!




5.  In the Process of.....Task Cards!

It's been one of those weeks where conference periods are full, there have been after-school meetings every day, and family events have occurred every  night.  But I am dead set on these task cards that I am making for my students to do next week!  So, a little each night, I am getting them completed!  I better hurry, though, or I won't have time to finish laminating and cutting them out this weekend!



I hope that everyone has a great weekend!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment