Monday, November 24, 2014

SCOOTin' through the Holiday!

Today was the first "official" day of our week-long Thanksgiving Break.....and, let me tell you, it was AWESOME!  I got a pedicure, colored my hair, and had breakfast for dinner.  Does it get any better than that? :)  Also, I sat down and started working on the activities that I want to make over this holiday for the few weeks with the students before Christmas Break.  

We will be learning how to add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators, and I made a SCOOT to get the students moving around as they practice those skills!  Click on the picture below if you want to check it out in my TpT store!



There are three SCOOTs combined in this one package.  One SCOOT is adding fractions with like and unlike denominators.  Another is subtracting fractions with like and unlike denominators, including regrouping fractions.  The third SCOOT is using fractions in real world situations where adding and subtracting fractions is needed.

They can be used separately.....


Or Mix-and-Match to get what your students need......



The third set, of word problems, includes one-step and multi-step problems.  I modeled them after our state testing problems so that they have the higher rigor expected of students.  Can't wait to use this in my classroom!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving week!


No comments:

Post a Comment