Monday, January 5, 2015

Adding and Subtracting Fractions Scoot

Ok, so, last night I couldn't sleep.  At all.  I had a wonderful break, relaxed alot, and got ahead with planning.  But last night, all I could think about was....Will they remember how to add and subtract fractions?????????????????

And the verdict is......

YES!!!!!!

Wahoo!  Ladies and gentlemen, it was AWESOME!  

They were rocking it!  Definitely made up for the whole having to wake up before the sun comes up! Haha!

Before the break, the students did an Add/Subtract Scoot that I made.  I just alternated the cards, so I ended up with two sets of a mixture of addition and subtraction of fractions.  They did really well on the activity before the break.  Today, after a quick review, they worked on the second set of cards in partners.




They worked super hard on each card.  Some desks had two cards on them.  This let me have two sets of cards going on in the room.



All the hands went up when I was picking students to work out problems on the board!  Happy teacher right here!  

You can grab the Scoot cards, which also include a word problem set, here.


I hope everyone has a great week back to school!  I'm off to bed....that 5:30 alarm is brutal!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment