Friday, January 9, 2015

Five for Friday!

Oh my goodness!  Can you believe another week has already gone by?  It seemed so fast!  It's time to link up with Doodle Bugs for a Five for Friday linky......Wahoo!


1. Task Card Fun!

I can't rave enough about Teaching with a Mountain View's products.  Love, love, love!  Today we did the first set of Dividing Fractions with Visual Models Task Cards.  Usually, the students do a Scoot activity, but I saw directions to Footloose on a Middle School Math Moments activity that we are using in a few weeks, and decided to try it out.  We had a shortened schedule today, so it ended up working perfectly with the 16 task cards that we used!






My students LOVED today's class!

2.  Seriously, weather?!?!

What is with this cold front?  It is just not fair to be stuck inside all day!  If Mother Nature were a teacher, she'd never make it cold!  Haha!  Good thing that I have plenty of firewood so I can stay warm and toasty!


3.  Sharpie Flip Chart Markers

OMG, how did I never hear about this amazing markers?  I ordered some over Christmas break from Amazon, along with flip chart paper.  I decided that I needed to up my teacher-game and make anchor charts (don't know how I didn't know about those either!)  Needless to say.....



They are amazing!!!!  (I don't know why it looks like I'm eating the box in the second one....)

4. Anchor Charts

With the help of my awesome new markers, I dove into making anchor charts as soon as we got back from break.  I knew my students would need constant examples of multiplying and dividing fractions up in the room.  Here are my first few anchor charts:




Remember, this is my first week at it.  Hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll get better at them soon!  

5. Soccer Clipart Cuteness

I recently signed on to be the registrar of our city's soccer association.  Whew, it is a job!  Well, I need a binder to keep organized (because I'm a binder person.)  And every binder needs a cute cover. Duh!  Haha!

I purchased Creative Clips Soccer Kids clipart and downloaded the freebie Soccer Frame from Kayla Hubbard.  And, voila!  This cuteness happened:


:) Cute binder covers make me happy!!!

I hope everyone had a great week!  This weekend is going to be full of rest and relaxation for me.  I'm tired from the two weeks of no alarms!!!  Have a great weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. I love Teaching with a Mountain View's products as well! They are a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know what i'll be looking for at the office supply store today! Those anchor charts look amazing.
    Sheri :)

    ReplyDelete