Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Deck the Classroom!

Christmas season is the absolute best!  There is just an excitement in the air that can't be contained.  I'm linking up with my sister at Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons for her Deck the Classroom linky.  Can't wait to see how everyone's classroom is looking, as well as all the fun activities going on in the classroom!


I finally bought a Christmas tree for my classroom (after 9 years!) and I love it!  The bright colors go perfectly with my room.






Teaching 4 classes of Math means that there isn't a whole lot of time for Christmas crafts, but I did manage to get a little one done!  After we had finished learning how to add and subtract fractions (without Mixed Numbers), my students worked out a problem on a Christmas light outline from Phenomenal First Grade, and, I have to say, the bulletin board turned out pretty cute!



The students also worked in groups to help Mrs. Claus find where the elves hid her Christmas decorations!  They loved this activity!



I have a student this year who does not celebrate Christmas.  So when we do anything Christmas related, they do a similar activity without the Christmas theme.  But next week, I wanted to do a review of all the concepts that we have learned this year.  Last year, I made Christmas Math Centers. I needed to update the material to reflect the new student expectations for this year, and I just decided to make a completely new set of Math Centers with a winter-theme.  Since we will be spending 3 days on this, I didn't want anyone to feel left out!


I laminated them and cut them out today, and I can't wait for the students to jump into this activity next week!

Outside of school has been full of Christmas activities too, and (just because it turned out so pretty) here is a picture of my boyfriend and me at our town's Christmas on Main.  Aren't we just so cute?!?!


Link up to show off your classroom Christmas decor and activities!

Happy Hump Day!


5 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your tree! The bright green and purple look amazing together! Your post makes me miss teaching upper elementary!

    Merry Christmas!,

    Elizabeth
    Learning with Lizz R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - your tree! I haven't seen a tree with those colors. I'm sure your students are loving it! Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is so dang cute. Mine is like a foot tall and pathetic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colorful math ornaments look great on the bulletin board.
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks so cheery and fun! I especially like the Christmas lights bulletin board.

    Christina
    www.schooldaisies.com

    ReplyDelete