Saturday, December 27, 2014

Fav 14 of '14

Linking up with Kristin, Hadar, and Traci for fourteen favorites of 2014!


14.  Favorite Quote


With new state Student Expectations, at a much more rigorous level than ever before, this year has been stressful, to say the least.  However, I have never doubted that my students can master these new expectations, just that i could come up with engaging lessons to make sure that they have fun while learning.  It's been a great year so far, with a lot of late nights and convincing my boyfriend to help me cut out activities!  Working hard so my students are successful is a no-brainer! :)

13.  Favorite Article of Clothing


Tunics!

I LOOOOOOVE this tunic!  I know that you can't see it all in this picture, but, seriously, I hate full body pictures!  Haha!  It's flowy, long, and perfect for the always comfortable leggings!  Anything from Mint Julep is wonderful!

12.  Favorite Movie 


Channing Tatum

Need I say more?
Super corny, but so stinking funny!  I can watch this movie over and over.  Sure, it's not a brain movie, but, sometimes, my brain needs a break (and my eyes need some candy ;) )!

11.  Favorite TV Series

So sad it's over.....

I cried....


Don't get me wrong....I can't miss The Walking Dead, any of the Housewives, Big Bang Theory, Scorpion, or any of so many others (I'm a TV fanatic) but this series ending just tore. me. up. inside.

10.  Favorite Restaurant

It's a running joke with friends and family that I hate to leave my small town.  Going the 11 miles to the closest big city just seems like such hard work!  Haha!  Good thing my favorite restaurant is right here in Forney!



And, yep, that's the best (and only) picture Google Images had for Madres Cocina!  Best Mexican food in town.  In fact, I ate there tonight!  Yummy!

9.  Favorite New Thing I Tried

Getting to school 20 minutes earlier each day.

I know that this is normal for most of you.

But I love my sleep.  Seriously, love my sleep.  I have 8 alarms that go off on my phone each morning, plus one in my bathroom.  So getting up earlier is hard for me.  But, I try to do it at least 3 days a week, and I love it!  There's so much more time to get ready for the day! Haha!

8.  Favorite Gift I Received

I have received so many amazing gifts this year, but I absolutely LOVE this one.


One of my students gave me this for Christmas, and I use it everyday already!  I'm not much of a purse person, and this fits my cards, phone, and chapstick....all the things I can't do without!

The Zulily gift card from my boyfriend is my other favorite gift.  I can't wait to get all the cute clothes I ordered!

7.  Favorite Thing I Pinned

Nothing.  Nada.  Nil.

I don't pin.

Mainly because it takes up so much storage on my phone to have the Pinterest App, so I can't stay up-to-date on all that!  I'm doing good to stay current on Instagram and Facebook!

6.  Favorite Blog Post

My Turkey Feather Fractions blog post was fun for me.  Mainly because I overcame my fear of craft projects, and it worked out perfectly!

I may have done alot of the pre-cutting to save time, but my students really enjoyed it.  Especially the part where we displayed them in the hallway.  Now onto more craftivities!

5.  Favorite Accomplishment

Starting my blog!

My sister had been after me forever to do it.  But I was scared!  

Finally, I put on my big girl panties and did it.  It has been an adventure, but it's so much fun!


4.  Favorite Photo


Any picture I have with this girl is my favorite!  But this one shows (the sadness of) her cheering for the Texas Longhorns instead of the Texas A&M Aggies.  I've been trying to convert her, but her daddy has her pretty brainwashed!  Haha!  She prays for me and my boyfriend to love the Longhorns, but I keep telling her that He loves the Aggies too!

3.  Favorite Memory




Going to the State Fair of Texas with my amazingly handsome boyfriend.  We had such a good time riding the Ferris Wheel, listening to concerts, walking around the fairgrounds together.  Just a great day!

2.  2015 Goal

To be a better person!

There is so much I need to work on.  I need to be healthier, more understanding, more compassionate, more patient, more loving.  I pray everyday about these things, but I need to really focus on being the best that I can be.

1.  One Little Word


I'm going to go with Kristin on this one.  

Humility.

I definitely need it.  I'm not married, and I don't have children.  So my life is pretty much about me.  What I want to do.  When I want to do it.  And I'm lucky enough to have a boyfriend that is super laid-back and pretty much lets me be me.  

Which is a problem.  I need to learn to focus more on others.  

As my niece says, "Don't be prideful, Anna!"  

Humility is my word for 2015.


There's my 14 for '14!  Link up and read all the amazing posts already linked!  


No comments:

Post a Comment